Thursday, May 21, 2009

Applique Baskets


Well I know I have not been posting to my blog, but, the business of life has gotten in the way.
In April I went to the quilt show in Paducah, Kentucky with 4 other friends. We did our yearly trek and enjoyed it thoroughly. The show was not as busy as past years and vendors were heard to say sales were down.
This was the year that I was drawn to everything Kaffe Fassett, I already have a collection of his wonderful fabrics but I couldn't resist the luscious new ones. We had planned on one less day this year and one of the ladies did the cooking which worked out perfectly since it allowed us to catch up each end of day and we sure saved alot allowing us to shop more.
We decided to skip next year and concentrate on using some of the things we bought.
I started a 5 inch appliqued basket project. Its all hand done and there will be around 300 little blocks in the quilt. I am amazed at how fast it goes, I am using those charm packs that I didn't know what to do with, but had to have. Each one made a basket and handle so there was no waste and I got to use all those background fabrics I have been hoarding all these years. I am excited about this project it is so portable and I can knock them out in front of the tv.
Here is a picture of the ones I finished so far

1 comment:

  1. Joanne,
    You were less than 2 hours from me when you were at the quilt show! What a good idea to eat in...save money, your energy and also enjoy each other. Love the basket blocks!
    Hope you are doing well. I have been so far behind I haven't followed the blogs or the lists as much lately!

    ReplyDelete