Friday, February 27, 2009

Good Intentions


Well I started today with good intentions, finish the bird house block exchange, and make some sense of my sewing studio. Block got finished and mailed off to Lesa but I forgot to sign and take a picture. So you will have to wait to see it, Lesa may post a pic for me. Did make some progress in my studio, organized all of my crazy quilting fabric which was tossed about the floor. I folded and sorted into colors and then got those huge plastic zip lock bags and filled the bags according to color. That will work nicely for now , then I placed all the bags in one of those collapsible nylon hampers that you purchase from Walmart or the Dollar Store and I can tote all my fabric around in the one big container, and it is sorted., Now threads are another thing.....

On Monday, I started the Encrusted Class Online with Sharon B. Our first week taught a lot about color and we were to construct our first block. Here is my first block. I love the colors and I hope I do a good job learning encrusting. I am looking forward to next week's class. Will keep you all updated on my progress.
Expecting some snow here in the Carolina's, who'd a thunk.. we are all ready to be in our shorts again.
Really want to learn long and short stitch embroidery, (painting with thread) beautiful images can be stitched to go on crazy quilts. Check out www.TrishBurr.com she has a free project on there for the cutest pansy in long and short stitch embroidery. All you need is DMC thread and a piece of fabric to try it. I think I will practice...
'

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is coming right along. You are a multi talented woman. Beautiful work. I will check back to see what else you are working on.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete